If you are reading this, you probably know me and have a level of concern for my well-being. My decision to join the Army was not an easy one. I have a short response and a long response to the question,"Why did I join the Army?"
Short response:
The sunrises.
Long response:
It's complicated. Books can only go so deep. I understand that my decision affects more than just me. I pray that I can show my appreciation for you by sharing my experiences with you. After all, we're all in this together.
Monday, March 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I had an epiphany while speaking at lunch with Katie and Wanda. It is cool when that happens. You're talking and the words that are coming out of your mouth are new and exciting to you too!
I think the military will be a walden pond/wilderness experience for me. It will be a situation in which standing firm in my faith and values is an action. That kind of experience will weld my faith and values to my character. This will be a good stepping stone to the rest of my life.
Post a Comment