Whew! It has been a whirlwind since coming back from my amazing memorial day weekend at home in Ohio!
I had a nice, safe drive back to Fort Leonard Wood. I finished listening to a book called 'Outliers' by Malcolm Gladwell. I would definitely recommend this book to someone interested in unconventional explanations of common workings of our society. He focuses on what has made people successful in America. You probably wouldn't be surprised to hear that practice is a key component to success, but if you knew just how some of America's successful leaders gained an advantage with practice, you would be fascinated. I'll give you a hint. The year and month that you are born may be just as critical as your work ethic (Those who recognize the changes of the future first and align their work with where society is going tend to come out on top). It is not an exact science by any means and I didn't agree with everything that Gladwell put forward, but I did appreciate the way the book made me think outside of the box.
I went right back to work with classes when I got back here. Last week I had an exam on Army doctrine foundations. I did well on it. We immediately had 4 classes right after the exam filled with material for the next exam which left my head spinning going into the weekend.
The weekend was nice, but short because we still worked on Saturday. I managed to swim some laps and get some studying in before me and some of the guys grilled out on Saturday night. The conversations were good! We're all so different despite the same haircut and uniform! Sunday was a good day for church, reading for leisure, reading for work, and getting ready for this week.
We started Sapper train-up PT this week. We got smoked for 2 hours straight this morning, and I'm feeling pretty sore, but that is a good feeling when you're stuck in a classroom for the next 10 hours. Well, I'm going to get back to work, but I hope I can blog about more this weekend!
Peace!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment