This was my first weekend here at Fort Leonard Wood. I feel like I have really hit the ground running. From the time I have been here, I have been going at it all day. I haven't established a routine yet, but I have been incorporating every new thing that I learn everyday into my body of knowledge. I finished two online courses online that were supposed to be 10 hours long each. I think I may have finished them in about 12 hours. You better believe I went for a nice run after staring at a computer for that long! I've read a book already and I'm studying, studying, studying. I'm also organizing many things in my life. The Army requires a lot of paperwork, so I'm trying to make myself as efficient and proactive as possible to minimize the runaround that tends to happen in a bureaucratic organization. I'm making excel spreadsheets for all of my finances, and I'm feeling really good about all of it!
Waking up to go to work is exciting even though I miss everyone because I know that I'm working for God and my future with Katie. Plus, I know she's doing the same.
I tried to go to a church service with a buddy I've made here named Obasohan. I call him Obi. He's originally from Nigeria and now lives in Texas. The chapel that we tried to go to today was closed, so we came back. He had some more online classes to do, but I went off post to go to a church on route 66. It was a beautiful morning.
One thought I had today occurred when I asked Obi what service he wanted to go to. He said, "Well, Protestant I guess." I never thought about the word Protestant until today. I would probably be identified as a Protestant, because the only options available are: Catholic, Protestant, Jewish, Buddhist, and Muslim. It occurred to me that I do not wish to be identified as a Protestant simply because I do not feel that I am "protesting" anything. Anyways, it's something to think about.
I love you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment