Peace!

Friends and family,
Thank you for your prayers and encouragement. Feel free to comment on my posts so we can share my experiences.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Change of State or State of Change?



It's been a while since my last post and a lot has changed.
1.] I'm no longer in Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri, but in Fort Bragg, North Carolina.
I will be here in North Carolina for a better part of my four year contract. Also, I will most likely not be deploying in the next two years; however, I will be traveling quite a bit around North America.
2.] I have moved into an apartment here at Fort Bragg and I have been assigned to a geospatial platoon.



When I was at the school house in Missouri, we spent less than half a day learning about geospatial engineering because it is such a rare assignment. I am one of eight geospatial platoon leaders in the Army! I am so excited to be a part of this mission! Stay tuned for another post all about what my platoon does not just for the Army, but for you!



Change and adaptation are a big part of Army life. I've watched my entire job change at the whim of higher officers as I stood there listening to them debating about what to do with me. It's good training for life in general I suppose.



I apologize if this post is vague and general, but I just wanted to get something on here before another week comes and goes.

Peace.

No comments: